Why Facebook restrict your post reach

Wednesday 14 December 2016

Could we soon do everything, online, through Facebook?

Here's a thought.  How long before you access everything online, do everything online through your Facebook account?

Could Facebook do everything ...
Image modified from an Edgar Peirce original
www.flickr.com/photos/edgarpierce/5485926479
Facebook continues.  That's a complete sentence by the way, I mean, Facebook - Continues.  I could have expanded, but then the senetnce would have become a list, and that would have taken so much time to compile, when - "Facebook Continues" says it, at least for me ;)

OK, if you insist, what I mean is, Facebook Continues to ...
    • Innovate
    • Lead
    • Create markets
    • Grow <Insert any metric>
    • Make money
    • Prosper
    • Dominate
    • Diversify
    • Add features, more features, more uses
    • Consume Competitors
    • Consume.... etc.

Is that enough? You see my point, Facebook Continues.

It was this article "Messenger to let you send money to your friends" - that caught my eye and got me thinking - more diversifiaction, more features and functionality from Facebook.

So, we communicate, search, buy, sell, pay, consume, recommend and rate, learn, take on news, share news, make news, meet, compose, travel... and more, all on Facebook.  For how much longer will we need Google, Windows, EE / AT&T, YouTube, Netflix, Trip Advisor, TU Travel, Amazon, Tescos...

OOH - and developing this thought, how much longer will we be trapped in the revolving door of upgrades? Will I really need the latest expensive Carlos Fandango device / hardware?  Once my tablet (watch, car, fridge, wall, contact lense) can stream Mega-UHD 567 Mega Pixel Video, with smello vision, (and I can print Ramsey's Recipes on my FaceFood 3D Printer) I'll not need to upgrade ever. Hmmm, there's a subject for a future blog I think.

Woah, how does this sit wtih me, I'm a techy, 16 years as an embedded software engineer, Moore's law gave me a career!  So how do I feel about all this?

LOL - I think this is great.  <Start the car.... may need to get away quickly>

Could this be it, the end of the relentless craving, grind, the drive for technical innovation and need for growth?  Lob in developments with AI and other technical inovatiuons (masses of free bandwidth, are we about to solve our energy problems...) and arguably before long it won't be us that needs to interact with the technologes anyway, well maybe apart from entertainment - we will always need more Star Wars movies.

WOW - this blog went in a direction I wasn't expecting...


LOL - Could it be, the end is nigh, can we envisgae being able to stop the bus, because we can ALL get off, we can all get on with the REAL stuff.

Yes, OK, I'm exagerating to stimulate debate, poking the hornets nest, but please wade in with your comments, predictions and reactions should my 'vision' have some credence...

Mick
Lets connect - 
I am on Facebook here - www.facebook.com/mick.holloway
I am on Twitter here - @mick_holloway 
I am on LinkedIn here - www.linkedin.com/in/mickholloway

www.24-7.so


No comments:

Post a Comment